As you’re looking at your marketing plan for next year, take a look at your website. If it has been more than six months since you added anything new or updated WordPress, it might be time to call My Studio Space. We’re helping businesses create memorable websites and here are our 8 Must-Haves for Every Website:
- Easy to Use: If visitors have to click more than a couple times to see information, they will more than likely leave your website for your competitor. Make the site easy to navigate so visitors want to stay, learn more about your business, and contact you.
- Keep it Simple: It is no longer necessary to have every bell and whistle about your business on your website. People have short attention spans and little time to read through pages of information. Keep your website simple with a theme by WordPress. They’ve made it almost foolproof for you to have a simple, easy to navigate website.
- Calls to Action: The purpose of your website is to generate leads for your business. Include a call to action on every page. Many small business website have a call to action to subscribe to their newsletter, for example. Include keywords or phrases when describing your business.
- It’s Not about You: The About Us page isn’t really about you at all; it’s about how your business helps customers or clients. Rather than saying, “We are super heroes,” you would say, “We help save the world one person at a time.” The latter makes people want to learn more about your business and how your business can help them.
- Services/Products: Give your website visitors an idea of specifically what you offer. In most cases, avoid being too technical. It’s just an overview; you want them to contact you for more information.
- Contact us: Don’t just have contact information in the footer, include a contact us page where visitors can email you directly. If they can’t easily reach you, they will go to your competitor.
- Social Media Links: Include links to Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms where the business has an active presence. It is recommended that these links be located on the top right of every page. Not only is social media how many people will find you, it will increase where you website appears in search results.
- Get Blogging: One of the best ways to add content to your website is to be adding content to your blog. This will help your website get higher in search engine results. SEO research and inclusion of keywords and phrases will also increase the search engine results. Provide useful information integrating keywords into your posts.
Interested in learning more about how we can help you re-design our website to include these must-haves? Give us a call today!