Thelonious, the WordPress 3.0 version and the 13th major release of the content management system and blog platform, is now available. In fact, you’re looking at it.
A little over a year ago, we redesigned MyStudioSpace.com using WordPress. Once the new “jazzy” version became available, we jumped at the chance to update. There’s no better way to say it… WordPress 3.0 has incredibly powerful benefits that you don’t want to be without.
The update includes 1,217 bug fixes and feature enhancements, and the new WordPress version makes it much simpler, much cleaner to manage your content. The My Studio Space team thinks you’ll find using WordPress easier than before. And here’s why:
- You no longer have to use bit.ly or other services to create short, friendly links to your site.
- When you are creating new pages and new posts, you’ll notice fewer distractions along the top and sides of your page.
- Bulk updates are now possible (before you had to download each individual update one at a time).
- The help tab has always been conveniently placed on the top right, but now you can select the link, stay on your page, and browse the contextual information.
- It’s easier to manage contacts, products, and even multiple blogs (if necessary).
We recommend you work with a web professional to complete the upgrade as certain issues could arise if your site relies on third party plugins or contains any custom programming. My Studio Space Web Design Firm is available to complete the upgrade for a minimal cost. The service includes a database dump, and all plugins will be reinstalled after the update is complete to ensure a seamless transition.
Oh, and one last thing. You might be wondering about the name Thelonious. Well, it’s inspired by the jazz musician Thelonius Monk. You can hear his tunes for yourself via YouTube.